Hardin County Fair King and Queen Rules
- Contestants must be a senior in the 2018-2019 school year, not married, not been married, or have a child.
- Contestants must be a resident of a Hardin County School District or are schooled another way in Hardin County.
- Contestants must be a current member, in good standing, of a Hardin County organization represented on the Hardin County Junior Fairboard. They are FFA, FCCLA, 4-H Clubs, Grange Youth, Farm Bureau Youth Council, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts or High School Art Classes of the county schools.
- Contestants must apply at the Hardin County School they are attending. Those not attending a county school but are home schooled, schooled on line or open enrolled outside of Hardin County must make application at the Hardin County Extension Office. (See rule 2 and 3)
- The person selected queen should participate in the 2019 Ohio State Fair Queen Contest in January at the Ohio Fair Managers Convention in Columbus.
- Interviews will be conducted at the St. John’s Evangelical Church, 211 E. Carrol St., Kenton on Saturday, Sept. 1st, 2018. Appropriate interview attire will be dress up (i.e. dress, skirt, suit). Candidates will be interviewed according to the following schedule.
King Candidates Queen Candidates
1:30 Kenton 2:30 Kenton
1:40 Ridgemont 2:40 Ridgemont
1:50 Hardin Northern 2:50 Hardin Northern
2:00 Ada 3:00 Ada
2:10 Extension Office 3:10 Extension Office
2:20 Upper Scioto Valley 3:20 Upper Scioto Valley
7. Interview scoring will be based upon the following criteria:
- Activities (participation, achievement, initiative, leadership)
- Poise and Personality
- Personal Appearance
- Response to interview questions.
- 8. The King and Queen Candidates selected from each school and Extension Office must turn in their completed application to the Kenton Times, 201 E. Columbus St., Kenton or e-mail email@example.com no later than 4:00p.m. Tuesday, August 21, 2018 along with a wallet sized picture.
- 9. The King and Queen Crowning will be held on Tuesday evening of the fair; immediately prior to the Band Show at the grandstand. For this presentation, Queen candidates should wear formals and King candidates, suits.